Women's Ministries

at Salem Heights Church

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Dinner Bell! - Chicken Pot Pie

Apparently our very own Sarah Moore knows how to make a mean (and by that, I mean delicious) pot pie. Lauren Bain passed on the "how to" she got from Sarah...yummmmm!


Chicken Pot Pie
from the kitchen of Sarah Moore

I use the pre-made Pillsbury Pie Crusts. I put the bottom one into the pie pan and pre-bake it.

Microwave a potato until it's soft. Then peel it and cube it. Place the potato cubes into the pie pan on top of the crust.

Cut up and saute a chicken breast or two and then add that to the pie.

Fill the rest of the pie with frozen mixed veggies.

Then I make the sauce by combining the below ingredients in a sauce pan, stirring constantly until it's thickened. Pour the sauce over everything in the pie until it's completely full. Sometimes I end up with a little more sauce then I need but try to fit as much of it in as I can.

Ingredients for the sauce
1 cup milk
1 can chicken broth
1 1/2 tsp boullion
1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
1 tsp parsley
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp garlic powder
3 tablespoon flour

Then add the other pie crust to the top and bake at 350 until crust is golden and insides are bubbly. I place a cookie sheet under the pie when I bake it as it tends to spill out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment